"WHERE KNOWLEDGE IS WEALTH"

Sunday, October 27, 2013

“I Have no Freedom to Move with the People of my Choice” - Professor M.S.Rao



“People are more frightened of being lonely than of being hungry, or being deprived of sleep, or of having their sexual needs unfulfilled” - Frieda Fromm Reichmenn


I rose from humble origins. I encountered several failures in my life up to 2006. Since I am basically a highly motivated person I treated failures as lessons and I encountered them bravely with a great hope that one day will be my day. Whenever I failed in my life I noted down the reasons for my failures; analyzed myself; and changed my behavior, methods and strategies to achieve success. My continuous learning and constant feedback helped me learn several lessons in life. Based on my life experiences, I authored a book titled, ‘21 Success Sutras for Leaders’ that has been published by Pearson. It has been ranked as the Top Ten Leadership Books by San Diego University for the year 2013. This book helps readers to become leaders by learning from the failures of others. It helps ordinary leaders become extraordinary leaders. It transforms extraordinary leaders as exceptional leaders. This success has come to me because I learnt from my past failures in life. Now-a-days more people are showing interest to associate with me but I find it hard pressed to spend my time as I am busy with my own international assignments. I have projects lined up and my hands are full up to 2018.  At the same time, I unable to move freely with the people of my choice as it might hurt other people who equally admire me. Additionally, I am always under observation by others and I have to take more care about my dressing and mannerism. I feel like I am losing my privacy. Hence, becoming a public figure has merits and demerits. You enjoy fame as you are well known. At the same time, you have to be more careful with others as you don’t know who knows you. Precisely, I am known to many but I don’t know many.

I felt that I am confident of handling failures rather than success. When I failed nobody was with me except my wife, two sons and a few friends. Now more people identify and approach me to associate with me. I feel very happy but I find it challenging to manage my time and the people around me. It is a typical feeling and a unique experience I am encountering presently. Hopefully, I get used to it as I consider that I am still transforming from a private person to a public figure.  Someone rightly said, “It is lonely at the top.”


“You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.” - Wayne W. Dyer





Life is great!

Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Where Knowledge is Wealth
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.


Copyright©2013 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://profmsr.blogspot.com  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

No comments: