- Develop clarity about yourself based on your passions considering your age, opportunities, and availability of resources.
- Choose the passion that is the closest to your heart.
- Shortlist the one which you can pursue based on your strengths.
- Invest some time regularly to achieve it.
- Manage external distractions to ensure that you stay focused on your passions and goals.
- Build network of friends and followers who respect and appreciate your principles and philosophies and ideas and ideologies.
- Read relevant books in your area of interest.
- Take someone as a role model. For instance, Plato took Socrates, Aristotle took Plato; and Alexander took Aristotle as their role models and reached great heights. Swami Vivekananda took Ramakrishna Paramahamsa as his role model and mentor.
- Develop the attitude of gratitude and make others feel important.
- Become a servant leader with an emphasis on people-orientation rather than on task-orientation.
- Reflect your thoughts regularly and renew yourself physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
- Contribute your best without expecting anything from others because what goes around comes around.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
“What I would Like to be Remembered for” - Professor M.S.Rao
"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe." - Gail Devers
Everyday many people are born and dead. How many of them leave a mark for others to follow? How many of them will be remembered after their death? It is a few people, right! We remember personalities like Swami Vivekananda, Mahatma Gandhi and Subhas Chandra Bose to name a few. But we don’t remember others who lived in the past. It is because some leaders are legends who live beyond their times with their contribution to society and mankind. Do you also want to be remembered like them or leave this world like any other insignificant individual? If you want to be remembered beyond your lifetime you must set goals and work for the benefit of others. Remember that God gave us one life and we are not sure of another life. Hence, create a blueprint - “How I would like to be remembered for” today itself to stand out from others to soar like an eagle. Here are some action steps to follow to create your blueprint to become a legend during your lifetime:
To conclude, work with integrity and wisdom with a true heart to make a difference in the lives of others. You will become a living legend.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill
Life is great!
Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Speaker Mix: http://speakermix.com/professor-m-s-rao
Where Knowledge is Wealth
Thanks for reading!
Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.
Copyright©2012 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://profmsr.blogspot.com This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.