"WHERE KNOWLEDGE IS WEALTH"

Friday, January 24, 2014

“Father and Daughter – A Short Story on Binding” - Professor M.S.Rao



“Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.” - C. S. Lewis


Recently I watched the film Doom 3 in which the climax scene between two Aamir Khans was truly amazing where both brothers died together at the end by holding hands together. Then I recalled a story that I read a long ago on binding between a father and his daughter. Here goes the story which you may love it too to read it to know the difference between ‘you hold my hand’ and ‘I hold your hand’.

Father and daughter were crossing the river. The tides were rough and they had to cross the river. Father told his daughter to hold his hand so that she might not slip and fall down. But the daughter asked her father to hold her hand to prevent her from slipping. Father did not understand the difference between the two as he felt that it was more or less same. But he enquired her daughter why he had to hold her hand. Then the daughter replied, “If I hold your hand I may leave it seeing your suffering in holding my hand.  In contrast, if you hold my hand however the suffering you may undergo to carry me, you will never leave my hand until your end.”  Father appreciated the intelligence and the confidence she had on him.  In our real lives also, we will never let down the people who we love the most. We handhold them until our end.



If you like this article, Like me Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414


Life is great!

Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Where Knowledge is Wealth
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.


Copyright©2014 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://profmsr.blogspot.com  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

1 comment:

Maddali Laxmi Swetha said...

EXCELLENT ARTICLE!!!!!



I do remember my childhood days.I love my father he always explain this story at my bedtime.Thank you sir for remembering my childhood days.



http://maddaliswetha.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar