"WHERE KNOWLEDGE IS WEALTH"

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

“Smile to Add Value to Your Face” - Professor M.S.Rao



“A woman whose smile is open and whose expression is glad has a kind of beauty no matter what she wears.” - Anne Roiphe


She crackles during my journey to college by bus. She creates sizzling sounds with her friends during conversation with her friends.  I get disturbed from reading my book while commuting to college. Whenever she crackles I get diverted from my reading, and enjoy listening to her mesmerizing voice which is very sweet. Her voice sounds like music to my ears.  Although I get disturbed from reading due to her crackling sounds I enjoy hearing her musical vocal chords.  That is about her typical laugh! But in this post, I would like to write about different smiles, and how to spot a fake smile.   


Types of Smiles

During my life journey, I have come across several types of smiles. Here are some of them: Sexy smile, sweet smile, cute smile, broad smile, breath-taking smile, formal smile, informal smile, corporate smile, plastic smile, mysterious smile, thoughtful smile, philosophical smile, intellectual smile, innocent smile, naughty smile, funny smile, sparkling smile, teasing smile, enticing smile, lucky smile, crazy smile, typical smile, difficult smile, fake smile, friendly smile, sarcastic smile, avenging smile, flirting smile, playful smile, warm smile, shy smile, cheerful smile, exciting smile, romantic smile, ‘I am for you smile’ and ‘I will die for you smile’  to name a few.

I have the habit of observing people when they look at me before they initiate their conversation or when they walk away with smile when I was far away from them.  I mostly look into their eyes to find out sincerity, and then I observe their smile. Then, I look at their lip movements, nodding head and angling of their body postures. If I find that they angle me well by reciprocating in tune with my body posture, I opine that they are warm, open and friendly towards me. Apart from their smile, I look at the intensity in their tone, voice, pitch, and modulation. If all these things synchronize simultaneously with warmth, I conclude that the other person is really interested in me. Then I begin to move forward to make friendship or build relationship.  

You can identify people partly whether they are interested in your friendship or relationship from their body postures and especially from their angling. You angle well when you like someone. If you don’t like, you change your body posture facing against the body language of other person. Hence, you can adopt this technique to know if the other person is really interested in you. Research shows that women smile more times than men. May be because God created women to make men happy!


How to Spot a Fake Smile

You can spot a fake smile easily if there is any inconsistency between eye and lip movement. If eyes don’t get closed during smile, there is a maximum possibility for a fake smile. If the smile is genuine, you notice excitement in her face and fast movement of her muscles. Also, observe the voice animation whether it is consistent with facial animation.

It is often tough to spot fake women than men as women convey body signals five times more than that of men. Hence, it is easy to read a man but difficult to read a woman.  Additionally, it is often easier to identify a man rather than a woman whether he or she likes you. For instance, when a man likes you, he often looks into your eyes, and then your mouth and he keeps shifting like a triangular movement.

Smile improves your face value. Unfortunately, in this complex world, people stopped smiling due to various pulls and pressures. Research shows that the average child smiles many times but the rate of smile decreases as the child gets older. Hence, people must learn to balance their personal, professional and social lives to enhance their rate of smile to stay happy and healthy as increased smile ensures a healthy heart.  

When you want to connect with others to ensure everlasting relationship or friendship, present a positive body language and maintain a cheerful note. Phyllis Diller rightly quoted, “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” Keep smiling to add value to others!


“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” - Leo Buscaglia




If you like this article, Like me Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414


Life is great!

Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Where Knowledge is Wealth
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.


Copyright©2014 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://profmsr.blogspot.com  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

No comments: