- It reboots your body and mind.
- It reverses information overload.
- It enhances your creativity and boosts your memory.
- It refreshes your mind and relieves you from your stress.
- It enhances your concentration.
- It releases your strained muscles and gives you relief from aches.
- It makes you more productive and energetic. Hence, don’t view negatively when you find someone napping after lunch break. But here is a caution! Don’t sleep for a long time as it leads to laziness.
Friday, September 14, 2012
“Advantages of Napping” - Professor M.S.Rao
“Sex and sleep alone make me conscious that I am mortal.” - Alexander the Great
Recently I came across a media report where US President Barack Obama was taking a nap in the noon. It caught my attention as some people think that napping is bad as it symbolizes laziness. In fact, napping has innumerable advantages. Here is a few of them:
Research reveals that napping for a brief period during the day time is highly beneficial to both body and mind. It also enhances performance at the workplace. That is the reason why some global companies such as Nike, British Airways and Google encourage their employees to take a nap to enable them to reinvigorate and improve performance.
When you look at leaders like Winston Churchill, Lyndon B. Johnson, Napoleon Bonaparte, John F. Kennedy, Thomas Edison, Stonewall Jackson, and Salvador Dali, there is a common thread connecting them. They all napped during the day time. Hence, take nap to recharge, refresh and reboot your mental and physical system.
Where Knowledge is Wealth
I would appreciate your comments about this article.
Copyright©2012 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://profmsr.blogspot.com This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.