"WHERE KNOWLEDGE IS WEALTH"

Saturday, September 29, 2012

“Scholar versus Practitioner Articles” - Professor M.S.Rao


“We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done.” – Henry Longfellow


Two habits have shaped my life since childhood – continuous learning and taking feedback positively.  Recently I sent a couple of articles on my new concept “Soft Leadership” to prestigious global journals for publication. Three of the journals did not accept by citing reasons that these manuscripts are suitable to practitioner journals, not for scholar journals. The editors also advised me by naming a few such leadership practitioner journals that would publish my manuscripts.

I was excited with their response. Their rejection of my manuscript did not upset me but I felt glad that the editors took time to provide sandwich feedback and helped me discover my hidden strengths, and my flair for practitioner journals. In addition, I was overwhelmed with their responses as they connected me with the right journals where my manuscripts would fit in. Hence, I thanked them for their kind time, message, and connections.

I started to explore practitioner journals in leadership and sent the manuscripts to practitioner journals.  My success rate went up and I began hitting the bulls’ eye.  In fact, the scholar journals require a lot of research back up, evidence, and references. They also require tons of creativity, analysis, and critical thinking. In contrast, the practitioner journals require more of application of knowledge.  It helps the working executives to apply the concepts, explore at the workplace, and enhance performance. Precisely, scholar journals emphasize on creation while practitioner journals emphasize on application. Hence, let to take feedback positively as feedback is the breakfast for champions and you will be able to grow fast and achieve success quickly.


“It takes humility to seek feedback. It takes wisdom to understand it, analyze it and appropriately act on it.” - Stephen R. Covey


Where Knowledge is Wealth



Dear readers,

I would appreciate your comments about this article.


Copyright©2012 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://profmsr.blogspot.com  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

No comments: