"WHERE KNOWLEDGE IS WEALTH"

Saturday, January 19, 2013

“Is Old Age Worst Phase of One’s Life?” - Professor M.S.Rao



"The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The opportunity of life is to serve. The secret of life is to dare. The spice of life is to befriend. The beauty of life is to give." - William Arthur Ward


Recently I met one of my paternal aunts after 20 years. She is 90 years old. She was excited to see me after many years, and became energetic although she was physically ill. Upon hearing the news of my coming, she kept cell phone with her as she did not want to miss my telephone call. We recalled various things about our past life including pleasant and unpleasant experiences and challenges. I still remember her who tailored clothes for me when I was 5 years old.  She led a tough life as she became widow at the age of 25 itself. She brought up her one son and two daughters by working as a nurse in a hospital. She encountered several challenges, and my father who was also a poor man stood by her and helped her whenever she was in problems. That was how she led her life. Now she is alone staying separately cooking for herself and leading a lonely life. She has several physical ailments and her body doesn’t support. Upon my arrival to her home after many years, she prepared a coffee for me although she was weak to get up and do it. She said finally that past life was always better despite living in poverty as people valued relations. She felt very sad that people presently don’t care much about relations.

Whenever I meet aged people I ask them what lessons they learned in their lives as I intend to author a book on “Life”.  When I asked my aunt what lessons she learned during her lifetime, she outlined three lessons which are beneficial to you:

1.         Follow your heart.
2.         Don’t criticize others. Stay away, if you don’t like someone.
3.         Weigh pros and cons before you make a decision.

She finally said, “Old age is the worst phase of life.” Then I said that life is incomplete without passing through the old age. I reminded her fact that young man looks at the future; middle aged man looks at the present; and an old man looks back to his past. Everyone undergoes these stages, and life is incomplete without these three phases.  She agreed with my opinion.

Learn to thank God for giving you life. Help others during your lifetime. Don’t develop ill-will against others. Love people. Make a difference.  Remember that you have been blessed with only one life. Hence, do whatever the best you can do for others so that you can leave this world peacefully without any regrets at your deathbed.


“God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way. The way we learn those lessons is not to deny the feelings but to find the meanings underlying them.” - Stanley Lindquist




Life is great!

Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Where Knowledge is Wealth



Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.


Copyright©2012 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://profmsr.blogspot.com  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.


No comments: