"WHERE KNOWLEDGE IS WEALTH"

Saturday, January 19, 2013

“Life is Beautiful” - Professor M.S.Rao



“Life is indeed beautiful. It's times when we sink into our hectic and stressful lifestyles that we are blinded and fail to see what we really have.” - Unknown


I was trying to meet one of my paternal aunts since one year. I could not plan the visit due to my international assignments. My aunt is 92 years old, and she often pops up in my mind whenever I write articles.  Finally, I was determined to meet her. I cancelled some of my important activities; postponed assignments; and phoned her that I was planning to meet her. She was excited to listen to my voice after 20 years. She directed me the way to reach the place where she lives, and I finally met her. She was very excited to see me. She was all in smiles when she looked at me. She said that she may leave this world at any time and wanted to see some people and I was one among them. I felt happy as I was one among her list of beloved ones, and that added more enthusiasm and meaning to my visit.  

She had several ailments such as arthritis and poor vision and hence, not in a position to walk. But she started walking as though like a normal person after seeing me.  She shared about her past life and how she struggled and overcame the challenges in life successfully. She shared her sacrifices towards her children and her contribution to other family members. She recalled her mother and father and how they overcame hardships, and her four sisters and four brothers. All of them faced several financial challenges and settled down successfully at the end of their lives. But all of them had family problems. She was very happy that her three sons and two daughters took her care. All of them visit once in a week and spend some time with her. Her children constructed a home for her; arranged everything she needed; and provided a servant maid to assist her.  She said that life was very beautiful.

I intend to author a book on “Life”. Hence, I asked her what she learned in life, and what message she wants to share with others. Here are the lessons she shared:  

  1. Be happy with what God gave you.
  2. Do your duty sincerely. Discharge your roles and responsibilities properly.
  3. Don’t expect anything from others as you may end up in disappointment.

I felt happier after meeting my aunt as she is happy with her beautiful life and has no regrets which most people have at the end of their lives.  Hence, don’t expect anything from others. Do your duty and the rewards will follow. Remember, what goes around comes around.


“No horse gets anywhere until he is harnessed. No stream or gas drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined.” - Harry Emerson Fosdick




Life is great!

Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Where Knowledge is Wealth



Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.


Copyright©2012 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://profmsr.blogspot.com  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.