"WHERE KNOWLEDGE IS WEALTH"

Friday, July 25, 2014

“Follow-up Regularly to Achieve Greater Success in Your Life” - Professor M.S.Rao



"If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes."— Andrew Carnegie


Most people work hard by keeping their deadlines. They achieve success one after another. But success can be achieved quickly when they follow-up regularly. It is observed that some people jot down the tasks and take up some other tasks without focusing on the prioritized tasks.  It does no good in the long run. Following-up the tasks regularly will help you overcome this challenge.

It is essential to write what is to be done everyday morning and take feedback in the night about what was done and what is yet to be executed. This exercise will inculcate self-discipline and will take you to tremendous success in the long run. It is often called to-do list.

People write goals annually and check at the end of the year about their status. Of course, all goals cannot be accomplished as things don’t favor the way people wanted. They find out the reasons for non-accomplishment of their goals and ensure that they carry forward the unaccomplished goals to the following year. They also work harder with little more focus to accomplish those unaccomplished goals. Similarly, it is essential to create goals on monthly, weekly and daily basis to enhance focus and achieve amazing success.

Follow-up is essential in every aspect of life. For instance, you must follow-up when attended an employment interview. It indicates your interest in employment to your recruiter. As a sales person, you went to a customer and explained about your products and services; you must follow-up to reach your sales targets. When you meet new people in associations and programs, it is essential to follow-up. Likewise, follow-up is essential in every aspect of your life. It serves you as a guideline and feedback whether you are the right track.  

In my personal life, I have the practice of carrying my note book whenever I attend meetings and programs. I jot down the key points on my note book instantly. After I reach my home, I transfer the important things to my computer in a separate document with details for my future reference.  If I find something new, I work on those triggers and write articles on them later.  In my professional life, I check my e-mails regularly and make it a point to respond promptly and follow-up as I have daily deadlines. I push the tasks that are less significant to work on some other time to enable the significant tasks to execute effectively.

Time is a precious resource and we must know how to manage our time effectively. Whether the rich or poor, they are blessed with time. Hence, creating a to-do list and taking feedback daily helps you manage your time and achieve greater success in your life.


“Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them” – Les Brown



If you like this article, Like me Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414


Life is great!

Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Where Knowledge is Wealth
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.


Copyright©2014 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is an educational blog for free sharing of knowledge, not for commercial use. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://profmsr.blogspot.com  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

No comments: