"WHERE KNOWLEDGE IS WEALTH"

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Leadership Mentoring

“As I age, I gain perspective on the illusion of wealth and status as forms of fulfillment. I don’t want my life to be measured by dollars and cents, or the number of books I’ve authored. Rather, I want to be remembered by the lives that I’ve touched. I want live a life that counts. With each day that passes, I feel a greater sense of urgency to make sure my times and energy are invested in developing leaders.” John Maxwell. (Ref ‘A Life That Counts’ by Dr.John C. Maxwell).

Every organization wants their managers and leaders to get updated with latest technology, trends, soft skills and leadership to stay competitive and productive. To address several organizational challenges arising out of complexity and uncertainty and to make their leaders to assume higher roles and responsibilities leadership mentoring is necessary.

Leadership mentoring is an effective empowerment tool for emerging leaders as well as for the managers who want to hone their leadership skills. It effectively aligns with organizational values, ethics, goals and objectives. In the long run, it elevates the image of the organization.

It ensures in smooth succession planning, helps in effective team building, leadership development and overall organizational growth. In addition, it helps in minimizing attrition and maximizing employee retention. Higher the leadership mentoring higher is the learning curve for the organizations. Overall, leadership mentoring adds value to organizational prosperity and excellence.

No comments: